Thursday, December 16, 2010

Storyboarding ~



After days, (and especially) nights, of storyboarding clippets of You'll Always Come Back in my head, this morning I started the thumbnailing of it. With the images summarized on paper, I can begin to see how the first 2 or 3 minutes of the video will work, and that's a key to how the whole thing is constructed. Whew! I wondered if insanity would beat expression in this case. The work ahead seems daunting. Although I've worked with moving images - dance, film (super 8 in my teens), and video continuously through the years, the efforts have always been short (less than 10 minutes) and understood as steps toward developing a technique. This will be the first effort at a long form with a determined purpose - a video opera. I have the tools to begin, we'll see if the will is there, and the luck. It's exciting ... and a bit terrifying.

1 comment:

SBD said...

I have no doubts