Friday, January 15, 2010

Cebah's Star ~



My Mom died at about 3:33 (!) in the morning. Just before then, the sky was spangled with stars - just after, the snow clouds moved in and the snow started to fall. That was January 7 ~ the day after Old Christmas. Because the lyrics of The Angel's Part, a song I wrote for her, mention becoming a star, I had wondered if one might catch my eye in the night sky and become identified with her, in the way that constellations can sometimes. But I forgot the magical law of inversion, until I looked DOWN on my way to the mailbox and saw this star growing up out of the earth.

The Angel's Part, from "Love & Time," (Aubrey & Elwood's version, from their new recording "The Weaver's Bonny," is available as an mp3 on the Atwater-Donnelly website. The link's in the dandyland muse sidebar. The song is getting some airplay these days, all around the world, so the star's everywhere.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

It makes sense that Cebah's star is growing from the land she loved and tended so well.

SBD said...

What Cathy said...

Apifera Farm said...

I just read this here, since I read and commented on FB first- lovely, and I will go listen now....xo