Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Weaver's Bonny:









My dear friends and co-conspirators Aubrey Atwater & Elwood Donnelly just released a new recording titled The Weaver's Bonny.
This in itself would be a reason to rejoice, because their music is always wonderful, but what I find particularly thrilling about this release is that it includes 2 songs that I composed, and 2 traditional songs that I meddled with.

Aubrey sang in The Secret Commonwealth Ensemble, the group of musicians assembled to perform the dance operas of The Secret Commonwealth, starting back in the mid-90s. And that's where she learned Morning Song (from Part II; The Road), and The Angel's Part (from Part III; Love & Time). She and Elwood have made these songs their own, and they've assembled a wonderful group of musicians to help them perform them.

I suggest that you head on over to http://www.atwater-donnelly.com/discography-onlinestore.htm#Weaver & snag yourself a copy. You can download them directly there.

The 2 traditional songs are ballads ~ I composed a new tune and harmonization for "Two Crows" & wrote some new lyrics for "Gypsy Johnny"

No comments: