Monday, July 20, 2009

The First YACB Workshop:






















Monday morning & my head has finally stopped whirring from all the wonderful sensory overload of the first workshop for You'll Always Come Back. (It took some leftover white sangria to accomplish the whirr stoppage ~ thanks Sarah!)

But it was both fabulous and a tad overwhelming ~ 18 of the most talented and lovable people imaginable converged in dandyland to begin 11 months of work on the performance. (& there are still a few left to join us!) I thought there was a lot to think about BEFORE this workshop - now that I've seen and heard a bit of what the performers bring to the table, I realize my mental cup runneth over.

The photo (taken by Sarah) is of Shane Gilmore. Shane's being is functioning as the center of the images and stories related to Pete ~ whose life on Dutton Hill forms the historical frame of reference (1845 ((he arrived here when he was 8)) to 1931 when my dad dug his grave. Working with Shane has been one of the great pleasures of the past few months, & I'm looking forward to many more.

The workshops are being sponsored by the International Foundation for Contemporary Art & 21C Museum.

No comments: