Friday, June 26, 2009

Highchair:



Yesterday I made a quick visit to the Magician to see HIS magic forest. While there he showed me something I'd done long ago, and forgotten about ~ a painted high chair for his daughter. I like it! I've been contemplating the role of decorative art in You'll Always Come Back.

The design is of morning glories with black damselflies (a small variety of dragonfly). The damselflies used to be common around woodland ponds and streams here, but when I saw them on the highchair, I realized that I haven't seen one for years. Sigh!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danny! That's my highchair! Mom and Dad always tell me the story of you walking to see me when I was born and of you painting the high chair. Great to see you yesterday and to meet your friend.
Shelly Danielle

Mary Beth said...

Such a sweet highchair! It harkens one back to a time and place of straightword purity.

Damselflies need a still water pond (best if there are no fish in it) for the nymph stage of their development. Did the building of the subdivision take away their marshland?

Cathy said...

I love this.

Dan Dutton said...

Hi Shelly! It was so wonderful to see your beautiful smile yesterday! Shane & I had a great time seeing you guys, even if it was way too brief! You have always been very special to me ~ so I put my favorite-most things on this chair! Your Dan

Anonymous said...

We are going to have to get together and see each other again. Maybe I'll sing to you a little.

Dan Dutton said...

That would be great! We can trade songs!