Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cricketbasket and Slatebottom:







My friend Gloria just sent me these images (they're a little blurry, but I kindof like that...) of some watercolor designs that I made back in the 80s. Cricket Basket was inspired by sonograms of cricket chirping, and tiny wicker pet cricket cages (oriental). Fishing Creek, west of the hill, is slatebottomed. The slate bottoms look blue through ripples and are slick as glass to wade on, but fun for that reason. And they make a different sound.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

These remind me of patchwork quilts.

I wanna go wading in the slate-bottomed creek!

Dan Dutton said...

Quilt-making & the pure grid of the Grand Architect
are much the subject of the 3rd quarter of YACB.

As to wading on a slate-bottomed creek, we can do that - maybe if you get here early enough on friday...

Cathy said...

All depends on how fast we can flog the rubber ducky express!

Dan Dutton said...

Are you the Mistress or what?

Cathy said...

Is that a rhetorical question?

Dan Dutton said...

Indeed, indeed...