Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Sick Rooster:



Cebah spotted this little drawing in the stack I brought up from the studio and nabbed it. She found an old frame and was working away in the kitchen trying to fix it so that she could hang the rooster up. The first thing that she said about it was "There's something wrong with him. Maybe he got rained on - they don't like to get wet." It really pleased me, because the only thing I remember about this drawing is that the rooster was sick, or out of sorts. Whatever it was, he wasn't moving around much and that helped from the drawing perspective. The subject may be a little odd, but I like the execution of this one, and to have a rooster expert (Cebah has throttled more roosters than most people have ever seen.) note the evidence of avian malaise in a tiny pencil drawing is my kind of approbation.

6 comments:

Dan Dutton said...

Now he's probably suffering from the cramps as well. My scanner cropped this too close and I decided to let it slide. Please add an inch of white all around and call me in the morning.

Kim said...

I love your description of Cebah here. I can just see her snatching that drawing and busying herself with a frame. You must be doing a lot of "spring cleaning" and remembering.

Dan Dutton said...

It's great to find your comment here ~ I was thinking about you this afternoon. I suppose this is something like spring cleaning, though as I drag out piles of drawings and sift through them, it LOOKS like I'm making a mess rather than cleaning one up. There is a lot of remembering. I was talking with Jeff and Debbie this afternoon, and that, combined with emails from Meg, had me reflecting on what a great group of friends I have, with so many wonderful experiences shared - I think we're all pretty lucky in that regard.
Hey ~ you're due for a visit girl!

Apifera Farm said...

So, I don't look at your blog for what, 12 hours, and come back and I'm way behind! I'm having fun looking at your treasure trove of sketches!

Dan Dutton said...

Hang on ~ I've got a big stack of drawings & at Ms. Cathy's instigation I'm planning to blog them all.

(Well, not quite ALL - but a bunch of my favs.)

SBD said...

We are waiting ~~~!2 hours or more and you have to go to OLD POSTS!