Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Heroine:

Last nite Jason sent me some youtube clips of my musical hero(ine), the gorgeous and fabulous NINA HAGEN, true heir to the German caberet tradition of Bertoldt Brecht and Kurt Weill. After just a moment of watching I found myself, as always, smiling and homeopathically healed. Nina took Brecht's theater concept of the alienation effect to a whole nother level ~ she is exactly what she is and entirely mythical at the same time - the universe isn't insane; it's beautiful and funny, like Nina. This performance, fronting the all cello band Apocalyptica feat, is from a 2003 Halloween event.

2 comments:

SBD said...

NINA! NINA!
If only we could channel her every day!
She rocks.
And rolls and
takes no prisoners.

Dan Dutton said...

I'm going to post more Nina youtubes to celebrate Halloween & my current Germanic origin story research.