Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sliced Studio:



Will it be a teahouse? A pouting house? A potting shed? A guest cottage? A mini-museum? Who knows! All we know is that the old studio has now been sliced. About 2/3rds of the historic structure that enclosed so many dance parties is gone - what remains will become something as yet unknown.

The part that remains includes the loft - the original nest was behind the woven honeysuckle vines. There are none quite so big in dandyland now. I thought that it was a very romantic place to sleep, even, and perhaps partly because, snow used to blow in through the cracks onto the feather comforters. I actually used that as a courting gambit. Ah youth!

Slowly it is becoming an interesting place again...

6 comments:

Pig and Peaches said...

I AM COMING HOME!
I have got to be part of the old studio to next adventure, first days of autumn, dry branch walking world~~~~~ soon!

William said...

Whoa, I'd put some corner bracing on that open front. Looks like a tragic accident waiting to happen.

Sorry to throw negativity in here.

Dan Dutton said...

Oh don't worry - this photo was taken just after we sliced it open - we didn't leave it that way. It has a wall now.

Apifera Farm said...

I think it would be a wonderful stage, for summer theatre or poetry reading/performances. Opening it up each June for a summer season at Dandy Land -

Of course, selfishly, it would be a wonderful private pie party place for a girl and her donkey and private guests.

Dan Dutton said...

I'm installing the hammock I got from Victor Diaz in Vallodolid - (The Mayans invented and named the hammock... Victor told me that Mayans were conceived, born and died in a hammock.) - as soon as I sweep one more time - at that point it will be ready for quests, & their donkey(s)! & pie will be served to all deserving...

Apifera Farm said...

hmmm, me and pino in a hammock...i like this idea.