Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goldenrod:



This odd painting came about because I didn't have the stretcher frame bars to make a long rectangle. I picked the fall flowers, ironweed, thistle, mistflower, lobelia & goldenrod, in Ralph's field. It's all a little poignant thinking that now that Ralph is gone, the low meadow of wildflowers is likely destined to be a subdivision. The loss of the woods of ancient trees is even more affecting - but alas, there's nothing to be done about it.

I doubt this painting will make the grade - I'll probably paint over it - but I'm glad just to have brush in hand.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

The burst of autumnal gold is lovely!

Apifera Farm said...

Sometime I think the paintings that come out are like 'sprints' before the real run. Still, it's a quick observation of a moment, or of a feeling. Your brief post was touching though. I often think of those that have gone when I see beauty, 'they aren't seeing any more flowers," I think.

Pig and Peaches said...

I love it... Stop! Call the artist police. Save this painting...